Vaporisers are like e-cigarettes. It involves using heated elements To extract the best flavour and compounds from cannabis. Vaporizers involve the usage of either liquid cartridges or dried herbs. These devices are super portable and do not release much smoke making them easy to use and discreet. Vaping is also healthier than smoking because it eliminates a lot of carcinogens that traditionally come out of smoke.
The safest form of a vaporizer is undoubtedly a dry herb vaporizer. Heating liquid cartridges release a compound called vitamin E acetate which is very harmful to lung health. A dry herb vaporizer, on the other hand, involves heating the dried cannabis to extract maximum flavour. We can also vaporize dry herbs like Tarragon, eucalyptus, fennel, lavender, etc. which makes this device quite versatile, flexible, and fun to work with.
Traditional joints are a messy affair. They are harder to roll and leave behind a lot of ash, smell and the smoke contains more toxins. Vaporizers have a milder smell and leave behind a lesser residue than smoking because of their efficient utilization properties. They are also easier to carry around and more discreet if used in public places.
Using vaping oils or liquids is harmful because of the release of vitamin e acetate and the cartridges are hard to obtain, unlike herbs. On the other hand, one should be aware of how to use a vape pen. Vape pen dry herb vaporizer does not require liquid cartridges and helps in vaporizing beneficial plants . Each dry herb has a specific temperature th9at is optimal for its combustion without the release of smoke etc. The flavour, smoothness and the effect of the vapor created depend on the temperature used.
A vape pen Is a unique portable device That is smaller than a normal vaporiser and fits in your pocket. They have a smaller heating system and most of them rely on conduction to heat up the plant. Vape pens are a more affordable option than portable vaporizers. They are a lot easier for maintenance and keeping clean.
A few herbs which can be vaporized for various benefits are as follows;
- Basil: Basil contains a terpene named linalool which is beneficial for digestion and good for relaxing the body. It has a sweet and citrus flavor when vaping and should be smoked at a temperature of 266 degrees.
- Egyptian lotus :
Found in King Tutankhamen's tomb, this psychedelic herb has a very fruity and earthy flavour and can be vaporized at 212 to 257 Degrees. It is commonly used for achieving a euphoric high and relaxation (as it acts on the dopamine receptors rather than serotonin).
- Chamomile: This herb provides relief from headaches and cold and is good for indigestion. Possessing a fruity and floral flavour, this herb is a well-known relaxant that is commonly consumed in tea. It vaporizes at the temperature of 212 to 257 Degrees.
- Clove: Useful for pain relief, cold, and congestion relief, Clove has a spicy flavour and vaporizers at 257 to 302 Degrees.
- Ginseng: Ginseng has anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting, and stimulating properties that protect the body from viral diseases. It has a sweet and Liquorice like flavour and should be vaporized from 342-392 Degrees.
- Lemongrass: This refreshing herb is good for digestive health and contains a lot of antioxidants. It has a citrus flavour and is vaporized from 257 to 302 degrees.
- Thyme: Known for its antibacterial properties, when vape to dry herb provides relief from congestion. It has a strong herbal and earthy flavour and it’s vaporized from 212 to 302 Degrees.
- Sage: This herb boosts cognitive function and is anti-inflammatory. It has a peppery, earthy flavour and vaporizers from 257 to 365 degrees.
There are two prominent types of dry herb vaporizers.
This vaporizer uses the process of conduction to vaporize the plant. In this process, The herb is in direct contact with a hot element/electric coil to heat up and reach the combustion point. To heat the bulk of the herb, the conduction surface must continue to get hotter. This results in the burning of the herb and can give an unpleasant flavour. The terpenes end up getting burnt more often than not.
A Convection vaporizer is an indirect method of heating the herb. The heating element is not directly in contact with the plant. The heated air instead is responsible for the combustion. Since it is not a direct method, the chances of burning virtually disappear. Instead, there is an even heat distribution and a smooth clean vapor is generated.
Best Vaping Gifts for every budget:
In this article, we will recommend a bunch of dry herb vaporizers that you can gift to your loved ones this festive season.
- Firefly 2+
- PAX 3
- Davinci IQ
- V4 Plush
- Crafty +
- Firefly 2+
The Firefly 2+ is a standout model in the dry herb vaporizer category. With the fastest heat-up time of 3 seconds, The firefly 2+ uses cutting-edge technology called dynamic convection to indirectly heat the herb. It has the highest versatility in temperature that can be controlled using the app compared to its counterparts like the V4 plush or the Pax 3 which have a limited temperature range (V4 plush comes with 5 set temperatures and Pax 3 comes with a limited range of 360-420 degrees). The firefly 2+ on the other hand comes with a temperature range of 200° to 500°, priced at $249.95, this dry herb vaporizer comes with a superior build (made out of alloys used by NASA).
The dynamic convection technology ensures efficient usage of the plant. It allows one to take advantage of the entire spectrum of compounds in cannabis without a smoky flavour or uneven heating of the plant. It features a warranty of two years and is easy to operate as well as clean. Apart from cannabis one can also make use of this vaporizer to try out different flavours of vape.
Be sure to buy the Firefly 2+ for any vape enthusiast, not just for cannabis, but also to use it for various herbal blends for relaxation and healing one's body.